EU Erasmus+ Funding
All BSC Teacher Training courses are eligible for Erasmus+ funding. Course hours can be supplemented on request to meet specific funding requirements.
Under the European Union's Erasmus + Lifelong Learning Programme, grants are available to enable teachers to participate in training courses in a country other than the country in which they normally work. The grants are available to school leaders, school teachers and school staff in primary, secondary, and tertiary education.
Currently, the programme is open to participants from the twenty-eight member states of the European Union.
Multilingualism is one of the key objectives of the Lifelong Learning programmes thereby enabling the following educators from the following categories to benefit from the programme.
- Qualified and practising teachers of an official language of the EU
- Trainers of foreign language teachers
- Teachers re-training as a foreign language teacher
- Primary school teachers whose responsibilities include teaching foreign languages
- Teachers of other subjects through the medium of a foreign language
- Language teachers re-entering the profession after a period away from teaching
- Inspectors or advisors in the field of language teaching
Applications for Erasmus+ funding must be made through your school, organisation, training institute or university. You cannot apply individually. The award criteria are clearly specified in the Erasmus+ Programme Guide (see page 63).
The key areas are:
- Relevance of the project: How does the course relate to the priorities of the Erasmus+ mobility project and meet the needs and objectives of the participating organisations and individual participants? How are high quality learning outcomes guaranteed? To what extent is the international scope of the participating organisation reinforced?
- Quality of the project design and implementation: How are the participants appropriately selected and prepared for the course? How does the course fit into the one/two year European Development Plan of the organisation? How are the learning outcomes recognised? How is the course being arranged, managed and supported?
- Impact and dissemination: What measures are being used to evaluate the success of the project? What is the impact of the project on the individual and the participating organisation? What dissemination will occur after the course?
Applying for an Overseas Teacher Refresher Course at British Study Centres and for EU funding:
- Select the course that you wish to apply for and discuss your intended application with the person in your school who is responsible for staff development and EU funding.
- Download the BSC application form; complete it and return to the relevant school making it clear that you intend to apply for EU funding. We will send a letter confirming your acceptance on the course and detailing the fees. Your organisation will need to refer to this letter within the application for funding. Please inform us of your application. As the host organisation we will help with any information regarding our course to enable the application form to be completed successfully.
- The applicant organisation needs to register as an applicant organisation on the European Commission Authentication Service (ECAS), if not already registered.
- Then the organisation needs to log into the Participant portal with their ECAS account details and register their organisation to obtain the unique Participation Code (PIC).
- When your organisation has the PIC number the online application for funding application form can be completed (at present there are only draft application forms).
- The online application form must be sent to your national agency before the deadline of 01 February 2016 (this may vary depending on your national agency).
- Inform us as soon as you receive the result of your funding application. Up until this point your place on the course is provisionally reserved. Once you confirm that funding has been granted we can enrol you on the course and send your invoice.
- Pay as soon as you receive the funds. Only once payment has been received can we confirm your place on the course and any accommodation booked.