Becoming a teacher is more than just learning how to teach. Teacher trainers are already experts in designing learning experiences that help course participants learn teaching skills. Transformative Training takes this to the next level, designing for experiences that empower participants to transform, to develop their kindness, their attentiveness, and their passion – to become teachers. This branch of positive psychology is still in its infancy, so designing for transformation remains more an art than a science – but there are dozens of tools, strategies and techniques that can help trainers start on the journey of touching trainee's lives more deeply.
Transformative Training is a challenge to grow, and an invitation to join us on a journey. We hope and expect that this course will change the way you work – how you design and deliver courses, and how you relate to trainees. We offer inspiration, guidance, a learning space, and a toolkit. What you make of these is your decision, and your challenge.
The course is ideal for Teacher Trainers of any level of experience. It's recommended that participants have at least some experience of delivering teacher training courses.
We will explore the design and psychology of personal transformation, and its application to teacher training, including:
- strategies for forging and fostering friendship between participants;
- ways to integrate participants into a wider community of alumni and teachers;
- design tools to craft participants' emotional journey before, during and after training;
- narrative tools for course design, to build participants' engagement and passion for teaching;
- techniques for generating wonder and delight, to turn a challenge into an adventure.