Teacher Training Courses
Your contract is with British Study Centres Teacher Training Limited, a company registered in England (No. 8732000).
Conditions of Enrolment
1. We will confirm courses on the basis of receiving a deposit of £250.
2. All course fees must be received at least 4 weeks before the course starts. Sometimes it can take several days for the money to arrive if you send it through the banks. It is your responsibility to make sure that it arrives in time. All bank charges must be paid by the students.
3. If you apply and are accepted onto the course within 4 weeks of the start date you will need to pay the full course fees within 48 hours of receiving confirmation of acceptance.
1. £200 to be paid as a deposit on application, which is non-refundable. £550 (or £600*) to be paid on the first day of the course. £750 (or £800*) to be paid on the first day of the course after Christmas.
* For trainees whose teaching takes place outside Oxford.
1. We will confirm courses upon receipt of a £250 deposit. For applicants receiving national agency funding, please contact the school for payment options.
1. The school reserves the right to refuse admission to any student or to dismiss any student in the event of misconduct or unsatisfactory attendance or timekeeping or work, without refund of fees. Please refer to our course disciplinary statement in the handbook.
2. Travel, coursebooks and the costs of social activities are not included in the fees.
3. No liability is accepted by the school for loss of property or damage to property. We strongly recommend students to take out insurance to cover their possessions, as well as medical insurance for themselves.
4. We reserve the right to cancel or alter a course or to change course timings. If we do so, we will offer an alternative course or a refund.
5. Students should arrive at their accommodation on Saturday or Sunday. For students wishing to arrive on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, one full week's accommodation charge will apply. For students arriving from Thursday onwards a nightly rate will apply (weekly rate divided by 7). All midweek arrivals are subject to availability and may not be possible year-round – please check before booking.
1. An administration fee of £25 will apply for students wishing to change their course.
1. If a course is cancelled more than 4 weeks before the start date, £200 will be refunded, but a £50 administration charge will be retained. If accommodation has also been arranged, there is an additional accommodation finding fee of £45.
2. In case of the candidate cancelling their place on a course less than 4 weeks before the start date, the deposit of £250 is non-refundable. If accommodation has been arranged please refer to point 6. The return of other fees can only be considered if we are able to fill the place at short notice.
3. In case of the candidate cancelling their place on a course less than 24 hours before the course starts or after the course has started there is no refund in any circumstances.
4. Deposits cannot be transferred to another course, course date or candidate.
5. Please note that in the event of a trainee withdrawing from the course once it has started, British Study Centres cannot refund fees or offer a place on a subsequent course without payment of further fees. The school can offer guidance on insurance companies which may be able to cover you for this eventuality.
6. If accommodation has been arranged the following cancellation charges will apply: If accommodation is cancelled more than 1 week before the start date, there is a cancellation charge of the accommodation finding fee. If accommodation is cancelled less than 1 week before the start date, there is a cancellation charge of the accommodation finding fee plus one week's accommodation charge. If accommodation is cancelled after a student has arrived at the accommodation, two weeks' notice must be given, or two weeks' accommodation charge paid. If a student requests to change accommodation, an additional accommodation finding fee will be charged. If a student decides to leave the accommodation and asks for a refund, this will be possible for those weeks remaining as long as two weeks' notice is given.
1. In the event of 'force majeure' such as fire, flooding, infectious diseases and other events outside the company's reasonable control which may cause the closure of the school, no refund of fees will be made to students, except at the school's discretion in exceptional circumstances.