Teacher Training Courses
Your contract is with British Study Centres Teacher Training Limited, a company registered in England (No. 8732000).
Conditions of enrolment
1. We will confirm your place on the course when we receive your deposit of £250. Please do not make any payment until you have received your pro forma or invoice and have reviewed the payment options included therein. If your course is funded externally, please contact the school for information on how payment will be processed.
2. We must receive all fees (including accommodation charges) at least 10 working days before the first day of your course. Sometimes it can take several days for the money to arrive if you make a transfer from a bank in another country. It is your responsibility to make sure that the payment arrives in our account on time. You agree to pay all bank transfer charges.
3. If you apply and are accepted onto the course less than 2 weeks before the start date, we must receive the full course fees within 48 hours of your interview, and at the very latest, on the first day of your course.
1. The school reserves the right to refuse admission to any candidate for any reason allowed by law.
2. The school reserves the right to dismiss any candidate for unreasonable behaviour, without any refund of fees. We will enforce the terms of the Candidate Agreement, which describe our expectations of reasonable behaviour.
3. Deposits and fees are not transferable between candidates.
4. Travel, food, and any costs for social activities are not included in course fees.
5. To the maximum extent allowed by law, we accept no liability for loss or damage to your property. We strongly recommend that you take out insurance to cover your possessions against loss, accidental damage, or theft.
6. We advise you to take out insurance to cover the risk of accident, illness or bereavement that prevents you from completing your course on the scheduled dates. We cannot offer a refund, or guarantee a place on a later course, if you are unable to complete your scheduled course for any reason.
1. You should arrive at your accommodation on Saturday or Sunday. If you wish to arrive on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, one full week's accommodation charge will apply. If you arrive from Thursday onwards, a nightly rate will apply (weekly rate divided by 7). All midweek arrivals are subject to availability and may not be possible year-round; please check before booking.
1. Your deposit is not refundable if you decide not to take the course you have booked for any reason.
2. If you wish to cancel your participation in the course, you must do so at least 10 workings days before the first day of the course. Cancellation after this date, including any refund of fees paid, is at our sole discretion.
3. If you wish to postpone to a later course, you must request this at least 10 working days before the first day of the course you first booked on. Postponement after this date is possible at our sole discretion. Postponement to a later course is agreed subject to availability.
4. If we have not received your course fees (including any accommodation charges) 10 working days before the first day of the course, you may lose your place on the course. The deposit is not refundable if this occurs. We cannot guarantee that your accommodation will be available if we have not received your accommodation payment before this date.
5. We reserve the right to cancel any course. If we do so, we will offer you the choice of (a) a full refund of all the fees and accommodation charges you have paid, or (b) transfer to an alternative course if available.
1. In the event of 'force majeure' such as fire, flooding, infectious diseases and other events outside the company's reasonable control which may cause the closure of the school, no refund of fees can be made to students, except at the school's discretion in exceptional circumstances.