With recent changes to travel restrictions we’d like to provide some visa information for students and agents about the current entry requirements to the UK.
We’re pleased to say that students travelling from the EU can study in the UK at an accredited institution without a visa for up to 6 months. This includes English language institutions such as BSC.
Upon entry at the UK border there’s a few things students will need:
- A valid passport or travel document that is valid for the duration of stay
- Proof of acceptance onto a course by an accredited institution (booking confirmation documents be provided by BSC prior to students arriving)
- Evidence that the course you are taking in the UK is relevant to what you’re studying in your home country, for example, a letter from your university describing how it’s beneficial
- Proof of funds to show you can support yourself for the duration of the trip and are able to pay for your return journey
- Information for accommodation during your stay
- Evidence you will leave the UK at the end of your visit
Students may not study for more than 6 months without a visa. Any EU student looking to study for longer than this will need to apply for the Short-term Study Visa, which allows them to study English for up to 11 months
Students undertaking the International Foundation Year will need to apply for the Student Route Visa.
We encourage all students with any questions on visas to visit the UK government website for full information.
To find out more about studying with BSC take a look at our courses or locations available.
For any questions about studying with BSC either in the UK or online do not hesitate to contact us.
Courses for all learning outcomes
If you want to study English with BSC we have a number of courses to help you achieve you English language goal, whatever that may be. Take a look out our General English, Business English and Exam Preparation courses, all of which can be delivered both face-to-face and online.