Looking to take your OET exam? We run regular OET test dates at our centre in Manchester. BSC Manchester is a registered OET Test Centre with excellent facilities and a central location.
You will need to book your exam on the OET website which you can find on the link below. If you have any questions please check our FAQs below or contact us.
Practice with test materials that reflect real workplace scenarios so you’ll know what to expect and feel more confident on exam day.
We focus on giving you the real-life skills you will need to succeed in your international healthcare career.
Our OET Preparation courses are designed and led by experienced teachers who can give you the skills needed to pass the exam.
BSC is an OET Premium Preparation Provider. Premium Preparation Providers are institutions that have achieved benchmark quality in OET teaching and course design. To earn this status, the school must complete a training course that involves OET course design and assessment of in-class teaching. There are only a few UK schools that have achieved this status which reflects the high quality courses we deliver.
OET is the English language test for healthcare professionals. It is not a test of medical knowledge. The purpose of the test is to assess your understanding of English in a healthcare context. You will then be able to use these skills when working in healthcare in the UK and Ireland.
The test has four parts: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Each part of the test assesses your understanding of English in a professional healthcare context. The speaking and writing sub-tests are specific to your profession, for example nursing, and are based on real-life work place situations.
1. All exam bookings must be made directly to OET by their given deadlines: https://www.occupationalenglishtest.org/test-information/test-dates-locations/. Ensure you follow all the instructions on the OET website when booking (pay attention to accepted IDs as listed on the booking page). You will be denied entry if you bring unauthorised ID to the centre (additional deferral fee may apply from OET to rebook your test): https://www.occupationalenglishtest.org/book-oet/
2. BSC cannot amend, refund or defer your exam booking in any way. You must contact OET directly: https://support.occupationalenglishtest.org/hc/en-gb/requests/new
3. You must read and follow all guidance issued by OET for your test.
4. If you have special arrangements for test day (including the need for medication or food inside the test room), you must seek approval from OET at the time of booking (as is OET policy): https://support.occupationalenglishtest.org/hc/en-gb/articles/208506345-How-do-I-request-special-arrangements-
5. If you need to contact BSC before test day, you must email us at [email protected]
1. You will receive your timetable from [email protected] at least 5 working days before your exam. If you have not received your timetable by the Tuesday before your test, contact [email protected]. The times on your timetable from BSC might differ from the information you receive from OET. This is due to social distancing guidelines in the UK. In some cases your speaking test might be the day after your written papers. You must use the timetable issued by BSC for test day. No changes can be made to the timetable once it has been issued.
2. Ensure that you add [email protected] to your safe-senders’ list.
1. You must bring the same ID you used on application to register on test day. Please see Item 1 under the Bookings section above for further information.
2. BSC cannot authorise special arrangements on test day. You must seek approval from OET prior to test day for any arrangements needed (e.g. medication or food inside the test room).
3. You must follow all of the instructions given by the centre. Any failure to follow instructions given by the centre (verbal or written (including posters around the venue)) will be reported to OET.
4. Electronic items and watches are no permitted in the test room. All unauthorised items must be stored in the designated area. Any breach will be reported to Cambridge Assessment English.
5. We have a zero-abuse policy at the centre. You will be asked to leave the venue if you are abusive to other candidates or test day staff. BSC is not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal items on test day – we advise not bringing any sentimental/valuable items to the centre.
6. Inspectors might be on-site on test day. They are not assessing candidates on their performance in any way.
7. If you experience a problem on test day, you must inform a test day staff member before you leave the premises.
1. Results are issued to you via your myOET account when available. See the online calendar on the OET site for the results release date.
If you have any questions about booking an OET course or your OET exam then contact our expert team.