Take your English test with BSC
Looking to take an English exam? Then choose BSC. We run regular English exams at our new Manchester school in a purpose-built exam facility.
BSC Manchester is an established authorised exam centre for Cambridge Assessment English and the Occupational English Test (OET) running examinations throughout the year.
You don’t need to attend a course to sit your test at our centre, but students who have had the right preparation are more likely to pass first-time. If you need support preparing for your OET test, click here for further information. For information about our Cambridge Exam Preparation Courses, click here.
Every year we help thousands of students achieve their English language goals and succeed in their chosen English exam. You can be next.
Book your Cambridge Assessment English test here at BSC Manchester using the links below. To book your OET test please contact OET directly. Don’t see the test you’re looking for? If you want to book B1 Preliminary, TKT, DELTA Module 1 or Business exams, contact us at [email protected] for more information
Formerly known as Cambridge FCE, this is the most popular Cambridge exam and accepted worldwide.
Formerly known as Cambridge CAE, this is an in-depth, high-level qualification to show employers and universities.
Formerly known as Cambridge CPE, this is one of the highest-level qualifications and proof that you are a highly competent speaker of English.
Check dates for all 2021 and 2022 Cambridge Exams
1. Bookings (including payment) should be made using our online booking form: https://www.british-study.com/en/exams/
2. When booking:
3. Bookings must be made by the deadline. Places are not confirmed until full payment has been received – candidates are not entered for an exam session before payment has been received in full. For deadlines see our online calendar at https://www.british-study.com/en/learners/language-courses/english-exam-booking/
4. If you require special arrangements for an exam, please notify us at least 2 months before the test date as there can be earlier deadlines with Cambridge to ensure necessary arrangements are made. Medical evidence (that we must be permitted to share with Cambridge Assessment English) is required.
5. We cannot transfer any part of your exam booking to another test venue.
6. Dates can change from those on our calendar.
7. Minimum numbers are required for test days to run. You will be contacted by BSC in the event that an exam date is cancelled if minimum numbers are not met. In most cases, we will look to book your place on the next available session. If this is not possible, a refund will be issued (see cancellations/refunds for further details).
8. Late applications might be available. Contact [email protected] for advice. Late entry fees apply.
9. Contact [email protected] for all exam enquiries.
1. Our exam dates can be found online at https://www.british-study.com/en/learners/language-courses/english-exam-booking/
2. Additional dates and examinations are available at the centre. Please contact [email protected] for further information.
3. All examinations are subject to minimum numbers being met. Sessions will be cancelled if minimum numbers are not met by the deadline.
4. Exam dates can change. BSC and Cambridge Assessment English hold the right to change test dates from the published calendar. Candidates will be notified of any changes impacting their booking.
1. You will get the email from Cambridge Assessment English (@cambridgeenglish.org) 2-3 weeks before the written exam date for paper-based exams and 1-2 weeks before the written exam date for computer-based exams containing 2 documents:
You will be given an exact time of your speaking exam which will be on the Confirmation of Entry. Please arrive at the test centre 20 minutes before the start of your speaking test to register. For the speaking exam: afternoon sessions are held between 14:00 and 17:30. Evening sessions are held between 17:00 and 20:45.
You MUST bring original valid proof of photographic ID on all exam days – this must be the same as used on application.
2. Check your JUNK MAIL folder – emails sometimes appear here due to privacy settings. If you have not received the email one week before the written papers exam date, you MUST contact the exam centre immediately.
3. You are responsible for reading all of the information sent by the test centre and British Study Centres in advance of test day. Contact the centre ([email protected]) if you have not received information 1 week before your exam.
1. You must bring the same ID you used on application to register on test day.
2. You must follow all of the instructions given by the centre.
3. Watches and electronic items are not permitted in the test room. All unauthorised items must be stored in the designated area. Any breach will be reported to Cambridge Assessment English. BSC is not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal items on test day – we advise not bringing any sentimental/valuable items to the centre.
4. We have a zero-abuse policy at the centre. You will be asked to leave the venue if you are abusive to other candidates or test day staff.
5. Inspectors might be on-site on test day. They are not assessing candidates on their performance in any way.
6. If you experience a problem on test day, you must inform a test day staff member before you leave the premises.
1. If you need to cancel/defer your test, please contact [email protected]
a. If you need to cancel/defer your test after the deadline has passed, you may not be entitled to a full refund. Refunds must be approved by Cambridge after the deadline.
b. Administration fee (£50) still applies to refund/defer your test.
2. Refunds are not given if you are unable to attend any parts of the test (e.g. you cannot attend the speaking test).
3. Refunds may not be issued if you are late to the test venue on test day and denied entry.