Your World My World
Our privileged position as educators is both a responsibility and an excellent opportunity to raise awareness and positively influence corporate social responsibility behaviour in the English language sector.
What is CSR?
Corporate Social Responsibility is about addressing our responsibility as an organisation to have a positive impact on the different people we associate with - our staff, students, owners, representatives, suppliers, the local and wider community.
What is BSC doing to embrace this challenge?
In April 2011, we undertook a substantial commitment and redefined our corporate social responsibility objectives. We set up the foundations of a 5-year plan with the intention of becoming a reference in our industry.
This plan illustrates the issues and outlines the implementation of concrete environmental & community actions across BSC to achieve CSR Certification.
As part of our commitment to minimise the negative impact on the environment, we focus on several important aspects of our day-to-day operations.
The cleanest and cheapest energy is the energy we don't use.
- Vending machines, water coolers and photocopiers are fitted with electronic timers so energy is not consumed overnight.
- Air-conditioning and PCs are switched off at the mains at the end of each day.
- We have replaced the majority of our lighting with the most efficient LED lights.
Separating waste, it's a small effort that makes a big difference.
- Clearly labelled recycling bins are available at every school for staff and students for paper, cardboard, plastic and tin cans.
- We use recycled ink toners and also recycle them.
Think before you print!
- At our schools we print and photocopy double-sided when possible.
- FSC or PEFC certified paper is used to print brochures and fee sheets.