On the 17th of March we honour St Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. Many cities all over the world celebrate with parades, festivals and events, however there’s no better place to be than Dublin!
Dylan, Social Programme Coordinator at BSC Dublin has given us his tips on things to do in Dublin to celebrate St Patrick’s Day, or Paddy’s Day as the locals call it.
1. The Paddy’s Parade that runs down O’Connell street is the highlight of Paddy’s Day in Dublin. Be sure to check it out!
2. Leinster Schools Rugby Senior cup final is on every Paddy’s day at the RDS Stadium. The game is huge and involves two Schools battling for dominance. It always has a great atmosphere.
3. St. Patrick’s Day party at the Guinness storehouse. A specific party throw at the storehouse every Paddy’s day.
4. Have a Green pint at one of Dublin’s many bars. There will be plenty to choose from and most bars will have special events on to celebrate.
5. Visit the National Leprechaun museum on Jervis street! It wouldn’t be Paddy’s Day without visiting here.
Happy St Patrick’s Day to all – and we hope wherever in the world you are celebrating you have a great time.
Study English with British Study Centres in Dublin. Find out more by visiting our website here.