Originally from Switzerland, Natascha came to Brighton to enrol on a 6 week IELTS course during her gap year. She loved the school and the city vibe so much that became a student services intern for 7 months, she has stepped on a full time job as a student services officer at BSC! Here is her story:
1. Why did you choose to come to the UK to learn English?
I always wanted to do a gap year after school. The UK is fairly close to home, and I also love the British accent!
2. What did you enjoy most about your course?
The people- I loved being around so many other nationalities and meeting people from around the world. I found everyone very open-minded and easy to get along with.
3. What did you enjoy most about the city you studied in?
I like that Brighton is by the sea, and has a laid-back feeling to it. It’s a great size – not too big.
4. How has your English course helped you since you completed the course?
I got an IELTS certificate out of the course. I also got an internship and paid job (both at BSC Brighton) from studying here.
5. What are you doing now, and what are your ambitions for the future?
I’m currently working as a student service coordinator at BSC Brighton over summer, then I’m starting a pre-University course this August for a year. After that, I’m not sure, maybe training at a Police Academy, and then studying a degree in Physiology with Criminology in Switzerland.
Where could your IELTS lead you? Click here to find out more about our IELTS exam preparation courses.