We recently welcomed the latest class of General English 50+ students to Edinburgh Language Centre, and here are their thoughts on the best places to visit in Edinburgh:
1. The Botanic Gardens – there are very beautiful gardens with a lot of trees, plants and flowers. There is also a very nice café with a wonderful view. I especially liked the glasshouses.
2. We visited a little fishing village called Cramond. It was very nice. I’d like to live there. It’s very quiet and it’s near Edinburgh.
3. St Giles Cathedral has a very original chapel. It’s a very beautiful place with a lot of history.
4. The New Town – there are very elegant buildings in Charlotte Square in the Georgian style. I visited a house. It was very interesting. It reflected the life in the 18th century. I also saw the First Minister’s House.
5. I like Portobello Beach. It was really nice and I walked on the sand. The beach is very long.
6. On Rose Street there are many great pubs and restaurants.
by Lillvor, Paola and Elena, Sioban’s A2 students.