London is a hub of ancient towns and villages all mixed together to create one big, exciting capital city! One of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, you will quickly feel at home, surrounded by internationals and locals alike. Here are our Top 10 reasons why you should study English in London:
1. In 2015 London welcomed over 100,000 international students and was voted the 3rd Best Place to Study Abroad in the World*
2. London was recently voted the world's 6th Best Destination by reviewers in the TripAdvisor 2015 Travellers' Choice Awards
3. The city offers outstanding academic facilities with over 120 libraries, including the British Library, which houses 150 million books!
4. There are many FREE cultural things to do, such as canal walks, street markets, nearly 1000 museums and galleries, and over 100 parks!
5. 47% of the capital city is green; Hampstead Heath alone comprises 791 acres of hills, meadows and ponds
6. London is one of the most culturally-diverse, global and vibrant cities in the world, home to over 270 different nationalities
7. Fresh food is easy to find in London, with dozens of local farmers' markets selling everything from seasonable vegetables and fresh bread to good coffee and homemade jam!
8. There is an opportunity to practise English everywhere you go – from reading tube maps or asking directions to listening to street performers and interacting with locals
9. A hub of inspiration, over 70 Nobel Prize laureates have studied or worked in the capital city
10. With over 100 cinemas, 350 live music venues, 5000 restaurants and 7000 bars, there is no time to get bored in London!
At Experience English we believe in Life Changing Learning, offering a style of language learning that goes beyond the classroom and immerses you in the history, culture and life of your destination. We lead by our philosophy because we want you to have a fully immersive and unforgettable experience! To find out more about our English language classes in London, simply click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*QS Top Universities Study
Market photo © Garry Knight, Flickr.com