This week our students from Edinburgh Language Centre tell us why they prefer the idea of ongoing assessments over exams:
Most students argue that a doing exams is not suitable for everyone. Due to this, we believe that ongoing assessment might be better than exams.
In this post, we are going to explain the reasons that we have chosen ongoing assessment as the better option for students.
1. Although, you would have a deadline to hand in an assignment, you could do it without pressure.
2. The teacher would have a better prospective about your improvement.
3. You would learn the topic inside out and NOT by rote.
4. You would have the possibility to meet experts in the area you are studying.
5. Finally, by doing ongoing assessment you would perform much more effectively.
We hope that the above article will help you to understand how useful ongoing assessment could be for students.
by Antonia, Anisio, Jurema and Joelson, Angolan students at Edinburgh Language Centre.
Would you like to learn English in Scotland? Check out the large range of courses available at Edinburgh Language Centre here!