1. BSC London Central, BSC Oxford, BSC Brighton: Your contract is with British Study Centres School of English Limited, a company registered in England (No. 4331708).
2. BSC London Hampstead, BSC Manchester, BSC York, BSC Edinburgh: Your contract is with Experience English Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales (No. 4040338).
Conditions of Enrolment
1. We will confirm courses on the basis of receiving a deposit of £250.
2. All course fees must be received before the course starts. Sometimes it can take several days for the money to arrive if you send it through the banks. It is your responsibility to make sure that it arrives in time. All PayPal or bank charges must be paid by the students.
3. The school reserves the right to refuse admission to any student or to dismiss any student in the event of misconduct or unsatisfactory attendance or timekeeping or work, without refund of fees.
4. Travel, examination fees and the costs of social activities are not included in the fees.
5. No liability is accepted by the school for loss of property or damage to property. We strongly recommend students to take out insurance to cover their possessions, as well as medical insurance for themselves.
6. We reserve the right to cancel or alter a course or to change course timings. If we do so, we will offer an alternative course or a refund.
7. Holiday allowance: 1 week per 12 weeks studied.
8. Students should arrive Saturday or Sunday at their accommodation. For students wishing to arrive on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, one full week's accommodation charge will apply. For students arriving from Thursday onwards a nightly rate will apply (weekly rate divided by 7). All midweek arrivals are subject to availability and may not be possible year-round - please check before booking.
1. An administration fee of £25 will apply for students wishing to change their course.
2. For students wishing to change school location, e.g. from London to Oxford, a second registration fee will not be charged. However, students wishing to book additional accommodation will be charged a £45 accommodation finding fee.
3. Students wishing to move to another British Study Centres school will not gain credit if changing to a school with lower fees.
4. Once the course has started students can upgrade the number of lessons per week but cannot downgrade it.
1. If a course is cancelled more than 1 week before the start date, there is a £50 administration charge. If accommodation has also been arranged, there is an additional accommodation finding fee of £45.
2. If the course is cancelled less than 1 week before the start date, there is an administration charge of £50. If accommodation has been arranged, there is a cancellation charge of the accommodation finding fee plus one week's accommodation charge.
3. If a course is cancelled less than 24 hours before the course starts or after the student has started there is no refund in any circumstances. If the course is longer than 4 weeks, a credit will be given for the unused part of the course after 4 weeks. This may be used within one year and cannot be transferred to another student.
4. If homestay or student house accommodation is cancelled after a student has arrived at the accommodation, two weeks' notice must be given, or two weeks' accommodation charge paid. If a student requests to change accommodation, an additional accommodation finding fee will be charged. If a student decides to leave the accommodation and asks for a refund, this will be possible for those weeks remaining as long as two weeks' notice is given.
5. Students wishing to extend their accommodation must give 2 weeks' notice. We can not guarantee the availability of the same homestay. A £45 accommodation finding fee will be charged in the event that the same accommodation is not available and an alternative must be found.
6. If a student cancels a residence, fees will not be refunded.
7. If a student cancels a course because they are unable to get a visa and they can provide written evidence of this from the relevant Embassy or Consulate, we will make an administration charge of £50, but we will refund all course fees. Accommodation charges apply as above.
1. In the event of 'force majeure' such as fire, flooding, infectious diseases and other events outside the company's reasonable control which may cause the closure of the school, no refund of fees will be made to students, except at the school's discretion in exceptional circumstances.