|Type||Description||Price per week||Notes|
|Standard Student House||Single room, self-catering||See Fees & Dates|
Important note: Student house residents must be over 18 years old. All student houses are shared by male and female students.
Standard Student House
Student houses are fantastic for students who want more independence. In the student house you share kitchen, living room and bathroom facilities.
Student House Bedroom
Student House Kitchen
Student House Living Room
|Location||All our student houses are conveniently located within a walking distance of the school. There is a large supermarket, and there are plenty of convenient stores, restaurants and cafeterias in the nearby area.|
|Travel time||Average journey time to/from school is 15-20 minutes on foot.|
|Booking options||Single room.|
|Room||A comfortable and simply furnished room contains a desk and storage space for your clothes. Bed linen is provided.|
|Meal plans & kitchen facilities||Self-catering: kitchens are modern and equipped with cookers, cutlery, cooking utensils.|
|Laundry||All student houses are equipped with a washing machine and ironing board.|
|Baths and showers||Everyone in the house needs to use the bathroom and there is often only one or two bathrooms in the student house. Always leave baths, washbasins and toilets clean after use. Please note that towels are not provided.|
|Telephone||In the student house, the telephone accepts incoming calls only. To make outgoing calls you must either use a phone box or a mobile phone. You can buy phone cards for cheaper international calls from BSC office.|
|Internet access||Internet access may be available in some student houses.|
|Deposit||Students who request student house accommodation are asked to pay a deposit of £150 to cover possible loss or damage to the contents and/or property. You will be given a receipt for your deposit. We will refund the deposit by the same method that you paid. This deposit will be refunded at the end of your course, subject to a satisfactory property inspection and the return of your keys and bedding in good order, as supplied.|
|Keys||You will be given a set of keys on arrival. If you lose your keys you may be charged up to £80.|
If you have not had the experience of living with strangers before, it is worth remembering the following:
- You are individually responsible for cleaning your bedroom and the communal areas.
- You must leave areas as you find them - especially the kitchen. It is a good idea to have a cleaning rota with other students in the house. Cleaning equipment (a vacuum cleaner, floor mop and cleaning cloths) are provided. Please report anything that is missing or damaged.
- Remember that everyone has to use the bathroom in the house, so be aware of others' timetables and work schedules and try not to spend extended times in the bathroom.
- On your final day, please leave your room clean and tidy ready for the next student. Please wash all bed linen and make sure that it is dry and ready for the next person to use. Any damage done to the room or the furniture will have to be paid for.
- Please remember to leave our keys in your room on your final day in the student house/flat. You may be charged up to £80 for lost or unreturned keys.
- Note that communal products, e.g. washing powder, cleaning aid, toiletries etc. are not provided.
- You should not expect to practise your English in the student house as much as you would do in a homestay, and there may well be students of the same mother tongue living there who choose to speak their language to each other. If you main priority for coming to England is to improve your English and you want to do this as quickly as possible, we recommend living with a homestay.